Monday, January 23, 2006

Thailand's Condition


Hello Friends,

I enjoyed sharing video, pictures, and stories with you yesterday and I would love to tell you more about the trip and what it has meant in my life. Just ask and then brace yourself...

I came accross this artice on Thai culture, religion, politics, and the conditions that enable prostitution and the degregation of women to flourish there. It's really well written and made a lot of sense to me after having been there. Feel free to read it and ask questions if something doesn't make sense. And when you are done, I invite you to stop for a moment and pray.
  • Pray without ceasing, remembering that these beautiful girls and boys, men and women are God's beloved and that his heart breaks over the way they are hurting themselves and one another.
  • Pray for the religious leaders, the monks, in every village of Thailand to be drawn to God, to be drawn to truth, and to be drawn to God's understanding of peace and justice so that they can be part of the solution in protecting Thai people from destroying each other.
  • Pray for the 200,000 Christians who life in Thailand that they will live radically faithful lives; lives of purity, integrity, generosity, and truth-telling. Pray that they will be united in the cause of protecting and rescuing their daughters and mothers and sisters from being abused and oppressed.

Friends, what will God do through us; through our prayers, our wealth, and our action?

I'm excited to find out! I'd like to be right there in the mix of it when we do!

No comments: